Welcome to TeenMail!
This project builds upon the success of our work with adapting eamil , a mainstream communication technology, for adults with TBI (www.think-and-link.org).
The goal of the project is to produce a communication technology for youth with TBI with demonstrated usability and high potential to impact social connectedness with non-injured peers.
Specific research questions include:
Thank you for visiting!
- What are the individual and environmental factors that affect the use of email and other communication technology for adolescent consumers with TBI?
- What adaptations/modifications need to occur to the current adult email interface to make it useable by adolescents with cognitive impairments?
- How can the features of existing electronic communication that promote social connectedness be made accessible to teens with cognitive impairments?
- What are the constraints and abilities of parents, non-disabled peers and teachers related to facilitating the appropriate use of electronic messaging?
- Will communication generated using the TeenMail tool(s) promote feelings of social connection from the perspective of users with TBI, their parents, and peers receiving and responding to electronic messages?